« Home | The Wheres and Whats of Me » | The Lack of a Topic » | The TPS » | The Project » | The Return » | The Mini-Vacation Day 2 » | The Mini-Vacation Day 1 » | The Mini-Vacation » | The Day of "Wuv" » | The Day Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken »

The Hardship with Hospitals

My throat hurts more than ever.

I can go about four hours before I start to get fatigued and the pain in my throat is intolerable.

Did I mention I went to the hospital (because my doctor couldn't see me)?

Well, I did. I was there for three hours, 15 minutes of which was actual Doctor/Patient time, with his amazing diagnosis:

"Yep, your glands are swollen."

Thanks, Doctor! Now I can see why you're in your profession!

It got better from there:

"Just keep taking what you're taking," he told me confidently.

"I'm only taking over-the-counter lozenges and ibruprofen, and they're not really doing much," I said, incredulous.

"It should last another week or so," he responded, completely oblivious to my concerns.

"But what about the fatigue, low temperature, earache and headache?"

"That happens when you have swollen glands," he said, smartly. That sure showed me to be the stupid patient that I am.

See, this is the same hospital that sent a local man home, mis-diagnosed. He later died of a heart attack.

I'm not saying that I'm going to fall victim to a massive coronary, but I could have Strep Throat, or Mono, or something other than "Inexplicably swollen glands." I do not have much confidence in the medical staff of this particular ediface.

Here's hoping some more sleep will fix things.