« Home | The Interview » | The Dick and the Lounge » | The Complaint » | The Toys » | The Comics » | The Job » | The Movies » | The Friends » | The Festivities » | The Coolness »

The Job

In a surprising turn of events today, Jack's boss chose neither applicant for the available job, instead deciding to save the money and have Armac take on the role in an "acting" position. Both sides declined comment.

Then, in a not-so-surprising move, I undeclined my declination of comment. Here's the deal:

Big Boss told Armac and myself -- separately -- that neither one of us was getting the job. Armac (oh, yes, this is my new name for She Who Will Get the Job, forgot to tell you) will take on the job's duties, but without the title. Big Boss wants me to work closely with Armac, to learn the details of the job, for my own situation.

Most likely resolution to this: The eventual promotion of Armac to the coveted position, and Jack takes on the role of her assistant. This, of course, is Not Necessarily a Bad Thing.

Least likely resolution to this: Big Boss calls me tonight, says he made a mistake, and gives me his job. And a yacht.

All-in-all, things could be worse, and I'm definitely not unhappy with the situation. Gotta love the dubble-negatives. I'll keep y'all posted. Hah! Get it? Posted? Ah, screw you.

Next: What you don't know about shrimp, and why it can kill you. Bryan Jackson has the story...after this station break.