« Home | The Comics » | The Job » | The Movies » | The Friends » | The Festivities » | The Coolness » | The Truth » | The Ether » | The Legislation »

The Toys

Okay, so now that you know how I feel about comic books, it may surprise you to learn that I do not feel the same way about comic book related memorabilia. I've never been interested in spending way too much money on things that don't offer the same type of enjoyment with the product they're associated with.

Until this:



DC Comics is releasing a series of figures (the aforementioned Superman, Batman, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel and Metallo) based on the Superman/Batman line of comics -- particularly on the designs of Ed McGuinness. This man was born to create action figures.

The possibilities are fantastic. So many characters were used in their first 6 issue arc (collected as "Public Enemies," in case you feel compelled to buy it) -- I'd love to see a wave that includes Lex Luthor in his armor, Superboy, Steel, Krypto, Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing, Green Lantern, Power Girl, and -- crossing my fingers here -- the Composite Superman/Batman Robot!

I want them, I want them, I want them...

They're coming out August, 2005. Right around my birthday.

HINT-FREAKIN'-HINT!