« Home | The Festivities » | The Coolness » | The Truth » | The Ether » | The Legislation »

The Friends

I have some of the best friends in the world, and I'm not just saying this because they're all reading my blog. YOU ROCK HARD, FRIENDS. MY NIPPLES ARE HARD THINKING ABOUT YOU.

My closest group of friends formed when summoned by the mystical alien Zed, who...

Y'know, I think I'm going to be serious for once.

Most of my friends have known me, and vice versa, since my first year of high school -- we're coming up on twelve years now -- and although some of us are married, or have moved out of town, when we get together it's as if we never left.

As the individual in the group with the largest -- and subsequently most expensive and exhausting to feed -- ego, my friends take great measures to get together when I've made arrangements.

(Conversely it could just by my ego talking, and in reality the reason why they show so much effort to meet up at these gatherings is because they like each other so much.)

They've sat and waited countless hours for me to arrive at a function, or to close my parents' bar; they change their plans to fit my solitary vocal displeasure with the group decision merely to placate me, and travel long distances to visit me. They do things they don't want, for lengths of time that would be considered cruel and unusual, just to spend time with me.

My friends are special to me, and I appreciate them greatly for everything they've ever done.

Everyone should be so lucky.