« Home | The Dick and the Lounge » | The Complaint » | The Toys » | The Comics » | The Job » | The Movies » | The Friends » | The Festivities » | The Coolness » | The Truth »

The Interview

It's come to this:

I'm sitting at home, nursing a cold; I feel like complete and utter crap, much like my friend HisGrace, but as a Super-Genius once told me, "You've got to suck it up when there's things that need to be done."

"Enough with the gratuitous plugs, Jack, we're here to read about you!"

Let it never be said that I am not gracious toward my viewing blogdience.

Today I will be speaking with The Big Boss about The Prospective Job, and informing him of my incredible walue to the company.

The truth is, I think that The Other Applicant (at least, the only other one that I am aware of) may be the better choice. For the short term, at least.

For the last 7 months, she has been working directly under my soon-to-be-former-boss, and knows most, if not all of the details of her job. This puts me at an immediate disadvantage.

I'm fairly confident going into most interviews, and usually do not worry about such things, but given that I know the other person applying (and, again, there could be more), I am a bit apprehensive, and somewhat lost as how to impress my worth upon The Big Boss.

If The Other Applicant gets the job, I will not be overly upset; she deserves the position, and has spent more time with the company than I. She does her job well, and would make a fine choice.

If I hated her, this would be so much easier.

Curse you, Other Applicant! Curse you for being so good!

And yes, I am shaking my fist as I type this. One-handed-typing-while-shaking-one's-fist isn't as easy as the guidebook said it would be.

Wish me luck!

I don't know why you don't just spend the entire interview telling The Big Boss just how incompetent The Other Applicant is. Deflect His view from your inadequacy to hers. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff that you do better than her (you know what I'm talking about *wink*). Who cares if she knows the job. As I've found out, "skill" has absolutely nothing to do with hiring potential. So get in there, suck it up and show him your tits!

Post a Comment